Activities to do
when you’re around.
Top 10 Tips
- Pack your Patience. Anticipate crowds and traffic. Arrive before 8am or in mid-afternoon or later, when lines are shortest.
- Plan out the activities you want to do ahead of time.
- Have a backup plan in case Arches is already full (temporarily restricting access) when you arrive. There are many nearby attractions in the Moab area.
- Stay up to date on park closures and restricted access times by checking our Alerts or visiting Twitter.
- Be ready for the desert. Pack plenty of water and salty snacks. Stay safe by avoiding strenuous activity during midday and afternoon heat.
- Know the rules. From lighting up rocks to canyoneering, know what is and isn’t allowed at Arches before you visit.
- Leave no trace of your visit, including not marking on rocks.
- Leave your pets at home. The desert is a hard place for pets. Dogs and other pets are not allowed on Arches’ trails, even when carried.
- Camping in Arches is only allowed in a designated campsite, and the campground fills months in advance. Reserve a place to stay before you travel to Moab.
- Download and print Arches’ publications ahead of time to help plan your visit.